Saturday, May 10, 2008

Tragedy

Ok, things have been bad here. I haven't written because a dear family I know has been struck by tragedy and things have been pretty depressing for them. There is a nice Spanish guy who owns a very awesome Mexican restaurant in town. He's literally from Spain. Kisses me on both cheeks every time we see each other. Kisses everyone that way. Very cool, nice person. Him and his wife do their business banking with us. Both are very kind, fun people who smile and laugh so much when we visit. She's a bit younger than him, but they clearly adore each other, it's easy to see it. However, she became a drinker and because of it became very depressed. It breaks my heart to have to say that last Friday she took her own life. It was shocking, devastating and very surprising to everyone, except maybe her husband. I'm not totally sure. All I know is that it has thrown not only him and his family into a tailspin but has also deeply affected those of us who call them friends. I have been horribly saddened and shocked and had a hard time believing it. I still am. The evidence of how loved she was, and he is, was at the memorial where it seemed half of the town showed up to give their support to Dino and to say goodbye to Lyn. It was very emotional and touching. Not everyone is aware how Lyn passed, but everyone would no doubt be as surprised as I have been. Anyway, things have been nothing short of hectic, especially with my job change coming up this week. I've been trying to help Dino as much as possible, as well as take care of all the issues I have leaving the bank (believe me, there's a lot of things to do when you leave a bank, security issues as well as system issues). That's why I've been absent. In all honesty, I'm still not really feeling like myself. I'm going to try and get back into the swing of things, be as normal as possible for me. But right now it's hard. I'm sure everyone can understand. I appreciate that. I'll try to get back in touch very soon. ASAP.
Sissy

3 comments:

Hunters Glory said...

God bless you. My prayers for you and your dear friends.
I cannot imagine!

non compos mentis said...

sorry to hear about the death...Hope u get less busy in the coming days.. have fun..im missin you..

chikku :)

sissy said...

thanks. it's crazy. start a new job tomorrow. i'm gonna try to write a bit tonight. hope you're doing well. miss you too
sissy