Saturday, March 8, 2008

Kinda Weird


As I mentioned a couple of posts ago, Patrick Swayze was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer. I'm not going to talk about that any more, but I thought there was recent strange coincidence. See, one of my favorite musicians is Jeff Healey. Now, Jeff Healey starred with Swayze in the movie Roadhouse. Well, he didn't really co-star in it but was seen throughout singing in the Double Deuce where Swayze's character worked. And he even had some spoken lines. Of course him in the movie made it even better for me. Well, long story short, Jeff Healey passed away a few days ago...of cancer. As I understand, it's the reason behind his blindness. Oh yeah, Jeff Healey was blind. Anyway, I thought the connection between the two guys and cancer was a bit eerie. Not to mention, I was saddened by the loss of a great musician. Now I can honestly kick myself in the butt for not seeing him live when he played less than three miles from my house many times over the years!! I'm a fool!!!
Shame on me,
Sissy

0 comments: