Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Topic of the Day


American Idol

Ok, I have many guilty pleasures, but who doesn't? I love gallons of butter on my popcorn, I love cheesy crime novels, I love loads of whip cream on my hot chocolate. Yup, I got a lot of guilty pleasures. However, my current guilty pleasure is American Idol. Yes, I develop this each and every season. I am not a reality TV freak, but I love this show!! I can't help it.

Of course, the person who I think should win hardly ever does. I really loved Bo Bice as well as felt Clay Aiken should have won. And I really liked Melinda Dolittle. Of course, it's a matter of opinion I know. But here, on the blog, it's my opinion that counts darnit!! The one time I felt vindicated was when Taylor Hicks won. I really loved him, even if I have hardly heard crud from him since. He was just fun.

I am almost sure that my favorite, again, will likely lose. I am a rocker at heart and they have yet to head bang their way to victory. But I have faith. This year I didn't get real excited about the girls until I saw a rocker, Amanda. Yeah, rock rules. Nope, I lie, she was voted off last week. Total bummer.

However, the men are far superior this season. And there is room for more than one brooding rocker. There are two: David and Michael. Who doesn't love an Aussie? And he reminds me of Jim Morrison, I gotta love that. David, who is incredible, suffers from a front ways comb over that kind of gives me the creeps, but he is really, really awesome. Hello!! He made me like a Lionel Ritchie song!! He should win an award just for that.

That said, it isn't just the rocker guys who have won me over. I also love the soulful Chikezie, the baby, David. The guys have just brought it this season.

I really love music and hearing new things. I guess that's why I love Idol. It's fun. I also suffer from what I call Tourettes brought on by Television.Yeah, I get very vocal with the TV. And the language is quite colorful. I have a horrible habit of ripping everything apart on TV and I guess I like Idol for that reason too. Those judges make for some good ripping apart ammo. And some contestants do too.

Anyway...

Vote for David!!!

Sissy

4 comments:

non compos mentis said...

guess whats my latest guilty pleasure... watching live Adam Galliard trial case in CNN... how sad...lol

chikku:)

sissy said...

lol...not too sad. i watch a lot of those too!! ok, maybe a little sad, but still

sissy

non compos mentis said...

thank god..i thought i was the only crazy one watching a trial...oh, u i just remembered, it might have started now..lemme check... ;)

chikku :)

non compos mentis said...

hey, Sim.. i camr across to these songs by Reba Mcentire in you-tube accidently.. i hadn't listened to them before...they were so good...every song has some meaning to it and a different theme too...hey,will u make a post on her.. cuz since i dont know much about her and her songs,it wouldn't be a good option for me...moreover i cant write as good as u do...

chikku :)