Monday, March 31, 2008

Topic of the Day

Bubble Baths

One of the few things that I really love and can't get enough of is bubble baths. It's the one thing that I absolutely refuse to be bothered during. It is my time of solitude and relaxation and comfort, time to spoil myself and not be mother or wife.

It's warm and soothing, smells nice and when you add a few candles it's both romantic and comforting. Especially vanilla candles. It's like being inside of a warm hug. Granted, I can do without the prunish fingers and toes that come along with a nice long bath. But nothing is perfect, right?

I work hard all day, sometimes I'm hurting at the end because of my back. I have a lot of stress at work. My responsibilities sometimes overwhelm me and by the time I make it home I am tied in so many knots I don't know which way is up.

When I get home on those days it's extremely hard for me to relax. I'm tense and edgy. I end up snapping at my kids and husband. I feel cranky and out of sorts. The only way I found that I can cure this case of the doldrums is with a nice, hot, bubbly bath made for one.

I am not a romantic person that likes to share their bubble baths. No way. Sure, I can see the romance, but I don't want any part of it. They are mine, and I don't want to share. I don't want the distraction. I don't want to give up room. I don't want anyone yapping at me. It is my 'me' time.

Bubble baths cure what I call my pukies!

So soak on....

Sissy

4 comments:

non compos mentis said...

hahaha...that was one of your best.. short, yet sweet... had complete fun reading it....
ur pukies???hhihihhhih...

chikku :)

sissy said...

thanks...i appreciate that you read them all!! you're the best.
sissy

non compos mentis said...

hey.. the first thing i do everyday after Sj leaves check ur blog...u need not thank me for that..infact, i must thank u, cuz evvery thing u write makes sense and i enjoy reading it all...

chikku :)

sissy said...

ahhhhh......shucks!!!