Monday, March 24, 2008

Topic of the Day


Things That Make Me Happy

Ok, I've been rather depressed and it's been showing in my writing. I hate being depressed and really am normally a happy, optimistic person. However, I am still human and go through times where being positive and cheerful is a chore for me. Lately, I've been having one of those times. My life is full and overwhelming, and not all in a good way either. So, tonight I've just decided to write about a some things that really make me happy, in the hopes of giving birth to some dang self happiness!!

My Daughters- I think this offers little explanation. They may not be the only reason I have for living, but they are certainly my favorite reason. I love being their mom. Of course, some days I could actually put them on the list of things that make me unhappy, but no today. I just love them, and love that they love me back.

Cats- I love furry little soft baby kitten bellies. And I love having them on my lap, tenderizing my stomach with their paws while they rev several hundred miles per hour. They are warm, soft and cozy and feeling and hearing them and seeing them never fails to make me happy (or talk baby talk...they're not babies, they're cats for goodness sake, Sissy!!).

Popcorn and Cheese- I don't each much junk food, but I love the times we splurge and go to a movie so I can cheat a bit and have some overly buttered popcorn and several cups of nacho cheese to dip it in. I know, it sounds funny, but it really tastes awesome and makes my mouth happy to cheat.

Losing Weight- Over the past several months I've really been working hard and have successfully lost 55 pounds. I've lost ten sizes and probably don't even need to go into how happy it makes me to be able to shop in the juniors section. From a 20 to a 10.

Rain- I love the first rain of the season. When I go outside everything feels fresh and renewed. It's as if the world is starting over clean. And I love the smell of it when it hits the hot cement. It's a strange kind of coppery smell that never lasts long enough.

Cornflowers- These are my favorite flowers. They come in shades of blue and purple and a pink. They are generally wild flower that will grow just about anywhere and they look like little round fireworks. I had them in my wedding and they grow out back of my house.

Snow Cream- This is a kind of frozen desert treat that you can hardly find anywhere. I think there are only a few of them in the country and we have one at a mall a couple hours from here. It's the best ever!! It's cold like ice cream, light and fluffy like cotton candy, melts like snow and had the most amazing flavor, banana being my favorite. I could eat one every day.

Funky Music- Nothing makes me smile more or laugh harder than when I put on one of the funky old songs I like and turn it way up then sing and dance like a fool, making my girls laugh so hard they cry!! Songs like Coconut by Nilsson, Let's Get it On by Marvin Gaye and Superfreak by Rick James.

My Heating Blanket- I hate to be cold. Really hate it. And my husband is a horrible person who sleeps with a fan even in the freezing winter!! It aggravates the hell outta me. Last Christmas he bought me a heating blanket big enough for just my side of the bed and now I never have to go crawl into cold sheets and when his dang fan starts producing icecicles I can just crank that puppy up and I'm good to go.

Reading- Reading a good book is a lot like watching a good movie for me, only it lasts a lot longer, has more details and I have to stop it in the middle all the time. I like that I can grab a book, crawl into bed and get lost. It soothes me much more than the noise of movie.

Of course there are many more things that make me happy, not the least of which is not having to get up early, but I really couldn't possibly list them all. If I did, I'd even make myself sick!!

Sissy

6 comments:

non compos mentis said...

whats happening?y r u so dull these days??? cheer up and have fun... i liked this post a lot...cats r really sweet.. but i prefer dogs n yeah, Sj loves pussies..i mean pussy cats...lol
I would really love to see u dance like that...next time consider recording it and posting it here or u can send it to me..lol
nothing can rejuvenate me like a long sound sleep...

chikku :)

sissy said...

hah...i shall never put my dancing on video. i refuse to give anyone any ammo. lol. trust me, i'm working on cheering up. it's tough. times are rough right now. i'm choosing to not much post much, since it'd probably be depressing if i did. however, i'm working on it. trying to put dad behind me. trying to find a new job. dealing with some kid issues. life is just really emotionally demanding right now. i'll be back to myself very soon. thanks for caring...
sissy

non compos mentis said...

Yeah.. i can see that u r posting very less these days.I got in here nearly 5 times yesterday to see something new from u... But then, if posting less keeps u feeling better, it okai...finding you happy would be more pleasant than reading ur post...what i like most about ur posts are that u r so sincere and honest in ur writing.u r a strong lady.im sure u would be able to cope up with things easily.I think everyone has some problem r the other...its all about how we deal with it...im actually not very good in dealing with trouble, but im an optimist...take care..im sure things wud b better for u soon

chikku :)

sissy said...

hello. i'm working on it. i really don't want to be depressing. but i guess that's sort of why i started the blog. anywho- my posts are really lessening just becaue i've been on temporary disability with my back and just had to go back full time two weeks ago. so i now i work till 6 at night and i'm tired. but i keep trying.
sissy

non compos mentis said...

hihihihi.... dear...please read the ur 1st comment here...u said u post less cuz its depressing...thats y i commented so much on that..and about the problems part, it was just about me..actually im bad in dealing with problems..i really get very low, but then somehow manage to be optimistic later... but now i know u were sick,.. take good care... working till 6 must be really tiring..i dont know what will happen to me once i start working...as of now, its boring to be jobless even when im so lazy...

sissy said...

LOL...i loved having some time off. but i got spoiled. it was nice staying with my little one, relaxing, coming and going as i felt, reading, and blogging. as much as i like working and feel proud of what i do, i like being home and being a bum too!! ha ha.