Thursday, March 6, 2008

Topic of the Day


Patrick Swayze

Well, I heard today that Patrick Swayze has pancreatic cancer and felt the need to comment on that. Swayze is not my favorite actor by any means, nor have I even seen all of his movies. However, when I was thirteen a little movie called Dirty Dancing came out and I fell in love with him, dancing and music.

The first of the three times I saw that movie at the theater I was obsessed. I, of course, thought Swayze was the cutest guy ever. All I wanted to hear him say was, "Nobody puts Sissy in the corner." And the moves!! Hello. It still turns me on to watch him in that movie.

I also found myself obsessed with dancing. And not just funky little swaying, but real dancing. Sexy, racy ballroom dancing. Dirty Dancing. Though I was never financially able to take lessons and never really nurtured the love as much as I wanted, I never have quit loving dancing and I thank that movie for it.

That said, I can also say that I have fond memories of Swayze in movies like Roadhouse. I don't care how you slice it, that movie rocks. I just don't care how ridiculous you call it, I love it. It is just one of those movies. I've seen it a million times and will a million more. The name's Dalton. Hah... I love it. Again, Swayze was beautiful to look at in it. And the only thing I hate about it is the female lead screaming and asking him, "Who's gonna save them from you?" Uhh... piss off. Anyway, that's irrelevant to what I'm saying.

And I could never in a billion years forget Ghost. If you weren't in love with Patrick Swayze from Dirty Dancing, you were when Ghost came out. Good night!! He was so charming and lovable as a ghost. After that, it'd kinda ruin a chance for new love.

Anywho, Patrick Swayze has been in many movies that I have immensely enjoyed. And I love that him and his wife have maintained a successful marriage through the Hollywood crap, I love that he loves horses and I love that he grew up learning to dance from his mother. I just think he is probably the kind of person that doesn't deserve to have this cancer. But who is?? I know that.

I just wanted to say that I really admire him as an actor, and probably a person too and I'm sorry for him and his family and hope the best for them.

Thanks for listening,
Sissy

3 comments:

jAMiE said...

Hi...new to your blog, found the link on Chikku's blog..hope you don't mind me stopping by and commenting.

I'm a fan of Patricks and was so saddened to hear of his diagnosis...as a long time cancer patient i know the battle he is in for...and pancreatic is one of the most deadly forms of the disease...sad, i hope he will be well.

non compos mentis said...

sad that poeple get all sorts of diseases now a days.My grandmom had pancreatic cancer.It was a great loss for us when she went away.every day im scared thinking about everyone n myself in the family cuz im today's world,we never know what moght happen when to whim.

sissy said...

@Chikku-
My grandma also died of cancer, brain cancer. It was horrible. I miss her so much still and she's been gone for 18 years.

@Jamie-
Thanks for coming by. I'm glad you did. Happy to meet you. Hope to see you again.

Sissy