Friday, April 25, 2008

Men are Ridiculous

I have to write about this because the absurdity of what goes on at the bank I work at is so hilarious. Let me just say that what I'm talking about is a daily where I work, daily. That means each day.

I'll start by saying that we are a small community, small bank. We have 10 employees, all of us are women. We range from 19-52. Mostly in the twentysomething range. I'm the third oldest at 33. Some of us are married, all are seriously involved. We range in many shapes and colors. Frankly, we are a beautiful team, inside and out. I love the girls I work with.

Ok, now for the beginning of my point...

One girl in particular, Katee, who is 22, 5 foot 8, 120 pounds, generous breasts, adorable freckles, long legs, small butt, long hair and perfect teeth, makes us all feel especially inferior. Just kidding, she is really extremely model stunning but she also happens to be very funny, witty and quite smart. She's a great package in and out. I love her.

Now that you know a little about Katee you should know that she has little competition in terms of stereotypical beauty. I think we have some really stunning girls, but Katee fits the mold society has created as being the epitome of beauty. That said, I'll move on.

Each day we are faced with knowledge that we are no Katee!! Sir, I'd be happy to help you. Thanks, but I'm waiting for Katee! Go ahead of me ma'am, I'm waiting for Katee. Hey, where is Katee? I haven't seen Katee, where is she? Does Katee have a boyfriend? "how would you like your change sir?" What? Oh, sorry I was looking at Katee. Can you get me Katee's phone number?

Believe me, I know how it sounds. It sounds like an exaggeration. But it isn't, I kid you not. We have one man who slips his wedding ring off when he enters the bank and will only go to Katee. There is another who spends every minute talking about her beauty, only to add half heartedly as he leaves that we're pretty too. Gee, thanks buddy. Our Brinks truck driver radios his partner inside the vault so he can tell Katee how pretty she is and she should be on the Next Top Model. One guy physically leaned across two customers to get close to her and had to be snapped at twice to get back to business. Another, much older, man looks in every corner for her, and grills us as to where she is. Is she with a boy? And so on and so and scooby dooby doo....

The behavior these men and boys revert to is incredible and ridiculous. I wonder if these guys realize the way they are acting. It's hilarious. I told her today that I'm really glad she uses her super powers for good. She laughs. Frankly, I think she herself is sick of it. She is really smart, but men treat her like that doesn't matter. In that sense, I feel bad for her.

Having stated all that I will add that is in fact quite true that Katee could be the next top model, if she wanted to, but she doesn't and I think that earns her some points in my book....

I love ya Katee.
Sissy

5 comments:

Hunters Glory said...

Here is what you say at closing time.....

"Katee! Bar the door!


Oh I bet it is a site to see these men fall all over themselves. Makes me think back if I have ever done that anywhere...gosh (gulp) hope not and if I have, I sure wont ever again...lol.

sissy said...

LOL...that's funny. I suppose it's normal for guys to see someone like Katee and fall all over. I might if I was a guy. I'd just hope not to be so desperate!! LOL We're a small, somewhat backwoods community and girls like her are far and few between. She's a doll though...has the brains to back it up!

non compos mentis said...

scooby dooby doo....
I love that....Beauty with brains.. She sure seems to be 1 in 100...But do u know something?? you ar e1 in 500 in my good book..thats 5 times more...lol...

chikku :)

sissy said...

Chikku-
Shucks...not sure I'm worthy, but I'm happy to take your compliment anyway. :-) For the record, Katee really is unique and great. You just can't beat good friends, like you are.
Sissy

non compos mentis said...

hey, thanx for that...

chikku :)