Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Yippee!!

Yee haw!! I'm a happy camper today. I've been very upset with my current career at the bank. I've been there a year and a half, been promoted and have not had one raise. It was really depressing me that I was working so hard, getting much more responsibility and yet nothing came of it. I was beginning to think I should look elsewhere. I was actually approached by a 'rival' bank, (yes, we have rivals in the banking industry...it's a cutthroat business lol).

As it goes, I was on my way to actually somewhat interview for a position at the other bank when I received a phone call from the courthouse, offering me a position that I had applied for several months ago.

I had given up the position since I was number 4 on the list and they only keep names on it for six months. It's been for. I wrote it off. But, lo and behold, they called and offered me a job. I jumped on it, as well as peed my pants. Well, not really, but I was really happy.

I start in two weeks and will be making $2 hour more, have benefits for the family, bonuses, retirement, vacations, as well as a lot of incentives. It's an amazing opportunity. It also will offer me a chance to use my criminal justice degree I worked so hard for. Now I am a Superior Court Clerk.

I'm soooooo happy!!

Let's hope I don't see any of you at work :-)
Sissy

3 comments:

Hunters Glory said...

Congrats! Life has its rewards and blessings!

non compos mentis said...

COOOOOOOLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!1
CONGRATES!!!!Im so so so happy for you..now that calls for a treat....great...this would be such a good change.. great...even i feel so happy for u....

chikku :)

sissy said...

Thanks to both of you!! I finally feel that I'm taking step in the right direction to making a good future. I appreciate the positive feedback. Makes me feel good.
Sissy