Friday, April 11, 2008

Topic of the Day

Yup....Still Human

This summer I will have my 8th wedding anniversary. To me, this is a feat I had long believed virtually impossible. You see, I have issues. Yeah, me, who knew? But I do. My biggest issue in terms of relationships is that: 1)I always hated sharing my bed with anyone 2)I can't stand most people for more than 15 minutes when alone with them 3)Bathrooms are not meant to be occupied by 2 4)No one ever gets my ridiculous jokes!!

Well, after some time, I found someone I actually prefer to keep in bed with me, we have fun together long after 15 minutes, he not only gets my jokes but makes dumb ones of his own. However, I still hate sharing the bathroom, that's a forever thing! All in all, we're usually a pretty satisfied couple. As long as we don't bring up money, religion, politics or the children...holy crud, what do we talk about???

Anyway, married or not, I'm a human being. A not so old, somewhat attractive, fun, woman. What this means is that I still have many of the same thoughts, opinions, and dreams as I always did.

Trust me, there's a point and I promise to get to it.

I work with the public and meet a lot of people on a daily basis. Many, people come into the bank day in and day out. I see many familiar faces each week, and many new ones too. A huge variety of people. I love it.

There are a select few people that we come to know well and have a big fondness for. These people are usually the ones with cute kids, cute animals, nice old people and cute men. That's right, we like cute men! We're a bank whose employees are 100% women and we like the cute boys that come in. There's no shame. We're not dead for crying out loud.

Anyway, out of our cute crushes I have one in particular that I am fond of. I think I like him because he reminds of Dave Matthews who I think is adorable and funny as hell. He's cute and I bribe him to my window with candy and it works every time.

Well, today a very young and quite adorable healthy guy came to my window, instantly reminding me of the late Heath Ledger. Really, really cute. I was extremely glad he ended up with me. Lo and behold, he hands me some money and a deposit slip that has my cute little Dave Matthews look a likes name on it. Huh??? Why??? Oh, we're business partners he explains. Oh, your partner is nice and adorable too. He laughs. I'll take your word for that he says. Of course I'm thinking he's pretty darn cute himself, thank you.

I'm helping him and constantly imagining that these two guys are business partners and clearly friends. They work along side each other. And all I can think of is...sweet!! The two of them in the same place. Ok, I suddenly think I need some computer tech support and pronto! (that's there business specialty).

The point of this is that I stood there googling to myself about how darn fine these two guys are and I am over 30, married with two kids and I'm at work!! So, I think to myself: that's right, I'm still human after all.

It was a good time. Granted,they don't smell like sawdust and sweat, maybe more like microchips and wiring, but who cares? I'll ogle them anyway. Why not? I'm married, not dead.

I still look & you can too,
Sissy

4 comments:

non compos mentis said...

i liked this post.. But to be frank, i felt it was kind of repetition...Looking forward to something more interesting...Cuz when it comes to writing, u r the best... u know, i love that old post about how u wait for ur husband to say sorry after a fight...lol...lol...i laughed so much reading that....

chikku :)

sissy said...

i'll get back with it. life is crazy. between getting back to work and kids and life and all that, my aunt passed away too. so i'm mentally preoccupied. i'm glad you're sticking around though.
sissy

non compos mentis said...

whatever u write, i'l alws be ur faithful fan...lol...Everything is so much fun to read... im sorry to hear about ur aunt.Hope ur sister is better now.I can imagine what a tough time u must be having..take care..

chikku :)

stephanie said...

Hi there, fellow Northwester (I'm actually across the Columbia, not in Oregon).

I LOVE this post - I don't know if you've been following my fantastic escapades about crushing, but your description of the Heath Ledger cutie made my heart stop. My hottie grocery boy reminds me a little of Heath! But I'm emphasizing boy so I doubt he's a business partner of anyone...

I'll be married 15 years this spring; you're completely right - we're just committed, we're not blind or dead. :)