Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Is he for real???


Last night I apparently not only succeeded in pissing Ox off and so badly that he had to leave, but it was due to a reason that is quite common. Which I had no clue of. I had no idea that I have been continually pissing him off for some time now. Of course I may have known had he said something. Crazy concept, I know.

But the real zinger is what was making him so mad that he snapped. Are you ready for this? It's a good one. Drum roll....... I was reading! That's right, you heard me. I was reading a damn book. The nerve of me. How can I be so selfish and rude?

Here's his story about my ridiculous reading addiction. First, I have to say that I love reading. Really love it. As much as movies, if not more. I always have. However, I don't have much time do it since motherhood and work and so on. It has become a luxury and treat. But having been on disability full time for two weeks and part time now for two months I am finding myself with alot more time on my hands. So, I have been reading. And it's been absolutely relaxing and self indulgent and I'm loving it.

Back to his complaint. Though I do admit that once I start a book it is very hard for me to stop until it is done. I am known to read complete novels in a single day. So it can easily take over my life. But still, it's reading. It's not like I'm smoking pot or gambling. But, according to him, it is taking away from our marriage because I will read during commercials or during other times when he feels we should be 'bonding'. It's not like I'm laying in bed with him on top and I'm reading over his back or anything.

So he yelled at me for it and stormed out. Now, I am only allowed to read when he is not home or I am in the bathtub, or if there is a sporting event on he wants to see!!! It's absurd. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Am I being unreasonable???

In disbelief, Sissy

2 comments:

non compos mentis said...

hey... u r not alone.even im not allowed to read wen my husband is home.... :(

sissy said...

Glad to hear I'm not alone!!