Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Topic of the Day


Rock of Love with Bret Michaels

Okay, this show kills me!! I swear! I watch it and I want to die. Why I continue to watch it I don't know, other than I must be a glutton. I can't take it.

In case you haven't watched it before it's a VH1 reality TV program that showcases a bevy of beautiful young women vying for the attention of rock n roll heartthrob, lead singer of Poison, Bret Michaels. I, too, had a phase of devotion to this man when I was much younger. And, frankly, the boy is definitely still hot. That's not the disturbing part. Nor is it disturbing that women still want him, though some are so young you have to question their motives.

The disturbing part is the behavior. Not only of the girls, but of him. They're young, hot with a ton of potential. He's older, hot and still has a ton of potential himself. Sounds perfect, right? Wrong. It really just kind of disgusts you.

The disgusting part isn't the fact that Bret Michaels is using a reality TV show to jump start his love life. I'm sure finding an honest, faithful woman has been a challenge for him and I appreciate broadening one's horizons. And it isn't so disgusting that these girls are using television to meet, possibly date, and maybe fall in love with someone. Hey, it's a modern age.

The part that really irks me is this: Bret Michaels stresses in his commentaries and interviews that he truly is looking for someone to be with, someone that will be healthy and loyal and loving to him, plus his two daughters. He actually seems very believable here. And who can blame him for being turned on? Hell, they're hot girls, I'm turned on (and I'm straight). But, in spite, of his desire to find the right person and his continued ramblings about finding someone special and someone caring and someone passionate for his life and so on.... he continues to praise the skanks. Ok, that's kinda brutal on my part. But it's true anyway.

The girls who are calmer, have a little more sense than to stick their tongue in a man's mouth two seconds after another woman, the girls who don't encourage fondling after a thirty second introduction are the girls he gets rid of. Now tell me: how can he be looking for a moral, good woman and throw every one of them away? He preaches about how so and so has to learn to loosen up and open up or she's getting the boot, meanwhile, she's only been there one day!!

Here's how it is: "Hey, I'm Bret, hot rock star." "Hey, Bret, I'm Diamond, hot babe. Let's make out." Then he'll say how loving and passionate and open she is. No, she's not!! She's slutty. A good woman, a good person, knows that a relationship isn't based on big boobs, the first to give up a tongue kiss or how quickly you can get their shirt off. Lust is based on those things. And lust is fine, mind you. But be honest about it. Just say it like it is: "I'm here to make out with as many hot chicks as possible and don't give a shit if I find the right one or not cuz there are more coming, baby!!"

Worse yet, those girls are someone's children. Their mothers and fathers have to see their daughters behaving like street walkers on national television. "I felt I loved Bret clear back to 1990 and I just needed this show to prove it. Come here and let me suck on your tongue." How embarassing. I would be mortified to see my daughter on that show.

Which is a reason to love it, I guess. But still, call a spade a spade. Don't try to fake us out with words of true love. Keep it real with words of hot sex, cuz that's all the dang show is anyway. He will not find true love with barely twenty year old, silicone laden, hardly old enough to have morals girls. He wants love, they need to bring some women on that show. Ok, I'm not dissing on the fake boobs any more, I happen to want a pair myself.

Anyway, Bret is a fine looking guy with an amazing voice who would have no trouble attracting a good woman, if that's what he really wanted. But he wants a beck and call girl Barbie. Physical attraction is part of it, not everything. And when someone has a personality that clicks with you, has similar beliefs and dreams as you do then beauty changes. The right person becomes more beautiful when they are right for you. Just as the wrong person becomes ugly when their personalities are ugly.

Ok, I'm done,
Sissy

2 comments:

non compos mentis said...

u seems to be really bugged ny the show...anyway i have not seen it...But i guess everything includiong the show must be fake...the girls might be paid to do what they do...n everything pre-planned..thats how most so called reality shows work....

sissy said...

That's so true!! I've often felt, no hoped, that it's contrived. That, at least, would make some sense, financially.