Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Piglet's first manicure


Today me and Piglet went shopping. She found a giant bag of My Little Ponies at a second hand store but wasn't allowed to get them. ($30, secondhand). Because she has an out of control My Little Pony addiction she was horrified that she wasn't allowed to get them. It's not that much money, mommy. Right. I promised her I would do something to make it up to her, but I had no idea what.

A while later we were cruising the strip mall (I don't mean exotic dancers, hello. I don't think they even have a mall for those- LOL). After spending my life's savings in Ross I noticed the little Asian nail salon was totally empty. I told her I found her surprise that might make up for loss of ponies.

She picked her color, opted for flower accents and sat still and quiet while the lady did her nails for her. She was just as patient in the drier as well. She is a girls girl and loves makeup and jewelry and clothes so when those nails came out she was beyond happy. She felt pretty and grown up. I couldn't have been more excited for her. It was a great moment.

For $8 I mended her broken heart and then some.

Sissy

0 comments: