Friday, February 8, 2008

Ok then.....


....I established yesterday that I think life is rough and you just have to make the best of it before you go on up to the spirit in the sky. And that's what I try to do, for the most part. Part of making the best of it is living life the way you want to. Making choices that are right for yourself, even if they may not be right for the people you care about. Sometimes happiness comes with a price. As the saying goes, "you can't please everyone so you got to please yourself," (thank you kindly, Ricky Nelson, I'd love to go to your garden party). Not that making other people happy is a waste of time or a detriment. Certainly it isn't. I enjoy making people happy, especially those few who have really touched my heart (you know who you are). But making other people happy takes a lot of work, it's a full time and, at times, the pay sucks. Truth be told, making yourself happy is a key ingredient in making others happy. It's hard to be much use to anyone when you yourself aren't happy with yourself. I think I have a point here somewhere. I just need to get to it but that may take some time. I think I've been looking for the point, my point, for some time now. I see it, but I haven't gotten there yet. Once again, I'm sidetracked by the thing called life. Ya know, kids, work, marriage, bills, school, cooking, housekeeping and so on and so on and scooby dooby doo. But I rant. At some time I have every intention of delving into my inner workings here and hope to do some exorcising (note: spelling). I'll get there. Ox (aka: my husband) is nearby and will no doubt be over my shoulder very soon, insisting on knowing exactly what it is I'm doing. Since I don't feel the need to share everything I'll sign off until maybe later when he's off bringing bacon.
Until then, Sissy

1 comments:

non compos mentis said...

that was a great start!!!