Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Topic of the Day


The Best Dream Ever (thanks Chikku...)

Today I am choosing to follow through on a comment I posted about a fellow bloggers take on dreaming. During my comments to her post(which was really great) it brought to my mind a dream I once had that really changed me. It may be hard to put it into words, but I'll try.

First, the dream....

I was walking by myself down a deserted city street, lit only by the ominous glow of overhead street lights. It had rained and the wetness lit the roads, especially the tar filled cracks. I don't remember it being cold though, just wet.

I felt a certain dispair about life at the moment and hung my head as I walked to who knows where. As I continued to contemplate my life I began to feel a strange sensation near both of my shoulder blades. It wasn't a pain so much as a discomfort, like a peanut stuck in your teeth. I didn't like it, but it wasn't hurting either. But as I walked, it grew worse, more pronounced. It didn't take long before it was painful. It was hard to walk now.

I reached around behind me, sure to feel blades sticking deep into my flesh, but instead I felt only two extremely large humps that were getting larger by the second. I could actually feel them growing. In a matter of moments, the skin began to break under the humps, but there was no blood and now, no pain either.

I couldn't see what was happening behind my back, but knew it was big. When the process was finished I felt the difference, but it felt good. I turned my head to the side and saw the two large, white, feathered wings had sprung from inside of me. I was astounded and in disbelief, yet when I tried to move them, they sprang open with grace and beauty, far beyond the reach of my arms. I reached one hand to the opposite side to feel the feathers, to convince myself of their reality. When my damp fingers touched them they fluttered, as if stunned by the contact.

I felt there was no way that these glorious wings would carry me. But I knew I had to try. And to my utter amazement when I tried to move them, they responded with complete confidence. I soon found myself floating upward and into the dark night. My stomach rose into my throat and my heart began soaring itself.

The ability to use the wings was second nature and I flew effortlessly, on instinct alone. I was happily gliding along when two other winged people came on each side of me. I knew they were angels. They were leading me.

Where they took me was to a place of pure beauty and joy. There were angels everywhere, of all nationalities, all so happy and pure. Each one was a dressed in identically styled robe. They hung long and had wide sleeves and were made of deep rich silks of pinks, purples, blues, greens and yellows, each trimmed with a gold that I knew was not anything short of actual gold.

These angels embraced me into them, took my old, wet clothes off and covered me in one of their robes. I was one of them. And with this knowledge I felt like home. I was at peace and knew this was where I belonged.

Now, waking from this dream was so instense, semi erotic that I had trouble recovering... remembering that it wasn't real. I still felt the wings, felt myself flying and had peace in me. Before that day, I had never dreamed of flying, ever, nor have I since that night. But to this very day, that dream stays with me with extreme clarity and emotion.

All I can say is that it did change me. I can't honestly say how it did, I just know it did. I didn't wake up with a sudden rush of religious accpetance or believance in the afterlife. I don't really know what I gained from it. I just know that it was more than a dream, and I was more after I had it.

1 comments:

non compos mentis said...

OH!It would have been disappointing waking up rom such a beautiful dream.But i have read that dreams actually are means of communication with our inner self.The angels may be ur parents or family and the place ur home.Or may be u were expecting something gud in your life that time.Do you remember anything really gud that happened in your life after that dream.Thay say if we analyse our dreams,we can interpret a lot from it.Anywazz Happy dreaming..lol

chikku :)