Thursday, February 7, 2008

My Virgin Post

Here it goes....
I've never written a blog, or posted to a blog. However, with a brain that is on constant overflow, I figure it may serve as some sort self catharsis by putting fingers to keyboard, so to speak. Though I'm certainly apt to entertain no one other than myself, (but, what else is new?). Dare I start at the beginning... for your sake I hope not, and won't. I also happen to be attempting to understand the grammar rules regarding Latin at this very minute. The Internet is a boundless source of knowledge and I wonder what humanity would do without it. What a fabulous way to help oneself become the self they want to be... or something like that. It's intoxicating to have so many people and so much information all at the tips our digits. Hence, here I am attempting to start a blog that will no doubt not successfully amuse anyone. But if it works to bring some sense to myself than I am eager to say it will be worth it. I can honestly say that I don't know where the beginning is anyway. I want to say that there really isn't one beginning, but many, and I'm probably approaching the triple digits in terms of them.
My whole point of doing this was to find a way to possibly make sense of myself, my life, maybe even my future. Though I hope to never make too much sense or else I won't be any fun any more. Maybe the more correct way to phrase it is that I'd like to be free to say as I please with no fear, so here I am, creating a sort of virtual diary I suppose. Only everyone can feel free to read.
I'm at a point in my life where I am becoming comfortable with both the outside and inside me. I have lost a lot of weight, graduated college and finally feel as if I have enough common sense to make a go of life. I've learned some lessons, taught some and now want to move on to applying what I know to make a better life for myself and my daughters...and, oh yeah, least I forget, my husband.
I know, I hardly sound pleased about that last part. And perhaps I'm not. As I've gotten older, if you call early thirtysomething old, I've realized that I am not the same person I was nine years ago when I got married. Nor am I even the same person I was six months ago. Not only is it because I have lost nine dress sizes, but I've gained a need to leave the ugliness out as much as possible. I realize life is too short and there are no second chances to live. And I wonder why I am spending my days in a small town, with two college degrees, working at a bank for little money, living with a man who hardly seems to like me any more, much less our children.
Life's rough, I know. You're born, you live, you die...
Brutal, but true.
I've got issues, of that there is no doubt. I've got decisions to make. I'm hoping by doing this, any maybe with some helpful advice from friendly bloggers like yourself, I'll be able to come to terms with some of these issues... or at least b.s. about some of the senseless crap floating around in brain.
Bye for now, Sissy

0 comments: