Sunday, February 10, 2008

Topic of the Day


Being A Gemini, Loving a Gemini

This is a topic I am quite familiar with. I am a Gemini, and I also am in love with a Gemini. The Gemini, of course, being the sign of the twins. The traditional traits of a Gemini are: youthful, communicative, eloquent, lively and versatile. The darker side of a Gemini are: nervousness, superficial, tense, inconsistent, cunning and inquisitive, (though I personally don't consider some of those to be negative, but that's just me). The fun of a Gemini is never knowing which quality will show itself when, and being able to bounce between them like a rabbit in love. We are more than one. The running joke in my house is that we have four people in our marriage and occassionally two of them will get a long.

The duality of being and loving a Gemini is unpredictable at best, frustrating at worst. One thing is always sure, however, and that's the fact that it is always exciting. If nothing else, a Gemini will keep you on your toes. If you like never knowing who you're going to wake up with, then a Gemini is for you. And if you are bored easily, then what better person to be with than someone who is loaded with personalities?

Ok, from the perspective of being a Gemini I have to say that the best part about it is that I can always find joy in whatever I'm doing, whoever I'm with, and wherever I am. I am adaptable to my surroundings and can blend with just about any kind of person, even if I am faking it for the sake of keeping peace. My ability to jump from one mood or topic to another is vast, and I like it. I can never learn enough about many different things. And I love all kinds of people. Diversity is my friend. I love listening to people and learning about them and their lives. In turn, people enjoy confiding in me because they see me as patient and attentive.

The downside is that even though I can adapt to any person and topic and seem knowledgable and interested, it doesn't mean I really am. Often I may seem interested but I'm not. And though I love learning and experiencing many new and different things, I often lose interest before I have a chance to master any of them. It's a curse. The result is that I know some about a lot of different things but not a great deal about most, if you get what I mean. And I tend to be controlling. I don't like being told what to do and will often rebel, even if I know I'm wrong.

Now, on the subject of loving a Gemini. This is much more complex. Keeping in mind this aspect of it is not only from just loving a Gemini, but being one as well, which is likely a whole different ball game. One thing I know for sure is that loving a Gemini is a full time job and never is it boring. In all honesty, I believe a relationship with a Gemini can really only be understood by another Gemini. That's because, to everyone else, we are temperemental, moody, selfish and dominating. We only get each other.

Because a Gemini will bounce from one mood to another at the drop of a hat, you have to be able to go with it as well. We are perpetually bi polar. I wake up every morning and wait for the first action or word that will tell me where my Gemini is in terms of attitude for the day. Then I try and go with that, though my own Gemini tendencies will sometimes render my understanding and impossibility. Once I have guaged his mood, I alter mine accordingly (unless I wake up hating him, and then he's done for). But, I always keep in mind that what the day starts out with is not necessarily what it will end with and he may shift to the dark side at any moment.

So, there it is. The ins and outs of being and loving a Gemini. It's not a job for the weak or weary. We are a species unto ourselves. Ok, maybe that's a tad ridiculous. But we are a bit of a Pandora's Box. Open at your risk.

Gemini by birth AND choice, Sissy

0 comments: