Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Topic of the Day


Road Issues

I'm not really a person to who is prone to road rage aggression. Now, I do get peaved at ridiculous, unsafe and inconsiderate drivers, but I keep my cool pretty well. However, there are a few key issues on the road that really chap my hide.
When I get to the breaking point then I morph into a curse ridden, demonic being intent on ridding the world of crappy drivers.
I swear, I'm not tooting my own horn. I am not the greatest driver ever, though most of my rudeness comes unintentionally. But, I suppose, most people don't intend to be dickheads on the road, they just are. Pardon my French.
First, let me refresh a driving law regarding speed limits, at least here in Cal. The law is that the right hand lane is for slower drivers (ex: large trucks, vehicles towing things, and grandmas), while the left lane is for those who do not go below the speed limit, but keep with it. The key here being that the left lane is meant to coincide with the speed limit.
Now, here in Cal. people follow their own rule. And that rule is this: the right lane is for idiots who dare drive the speed limit and the left lane is for exceeding, getting away from the morons who find the need to obey the law. Right lane= 65, left lane = 75. That's how it's done here.
Because of this people like me who are comfortable and law abiding and follow the speed limits for the most part are often honked at and considered nuscances because we dare to get in that left lane. The nerve of people like me, driving 65, to want to use that left lane to pass someone driving 50. When I get into that left lane to pass a ton of cars pile up behind, pissed of that I'm going so slow!! I'm going the speed limit, dammit!
The situation is the one that bothers me the most. Yes, I hate being cutoff and whatnot, but for some reason this behavior really pushes my patience button. Frankly, my urge is to reduce my speed to, say 40 or so and then stay there. Now, I don't do this because I want to be safe and not cause any accidents. So, I settle for some choice vocabulary and visions of seeing them pulled over by a CHP 3 miles up the road. Ok, I've successfully vented. I can move on now...just not in the left hand lane.
Drive Carefully,
Sissy

0 comments: