Thursday, February 14, 2008

Topic of the Day


For the Love of Cats

I love cats. Not in the crazy-old-lady-down-the-street-that-has-74 kinda way. But in the I love there warm fur and soothing motors. In the I-could-cuddle-next-one-all- night kinda way. I'm not really a super sappy cutesy whootsy person (though I cry every time I see Remember the Titans, but who doesn't?). However, those furry creatures just rub me the right way.

I love that they are so smart and independent and snuggly. At the risk of offending you dog lovers I have to say that cats are just so much smarter than dogs (my humble opinion). They are rulers of their domains, where as dogs piss on their domains. They have amazing 'take it or leave it' attitudes that fit right with me. There are times I want left alone and a cat can respect that, but a dog just shoves his nasty wet nose on me and jumps all over.

When I want to go away for a weekend I can put some food out and take off. I need not worry that my cat will starve or miss me too much. That little bugger will find food regardless. And a cat really doesn't miss anyone all that. They are happy when you're home to love them, they're still happy when you're not. They are the working woman's companion!

As I said, I never underestimate the power of the dog... but whatever power they have is given to them by their people. Whereas a cat's power is over their people. Plus, you pick a soft furry cat up and rub your face in it's silky fur and they tolerate it much better than a dog.

That's why I'm a cat person.

Feline at heart, Sissy

2 comments:

non compos mentis said...

i love both cats and dogs.But my husnad prefers cats.I just feel cats dirty the house n dogs dont.but both are really sweet to have as pets.wow..im so diplomatic.:)

sissy said...

LOL...way to support both. i love it. i do like dogs, just not a lot. i really love all animals actually. except sharks, i really hate them.